At Cartwright’s Sonoran Ranch House, we incorporate tastes of the American West and Southwest into our entire menu, beginning with appetizers. From a Mason jar layered with canella braised duck to red chili elk balls to braised pork belly and frijole flauta spears, we guarantee our starters will whet your appetite for more. And everything on Cartwright’s menu is made fresh in-house daily, including salad dressings, soups, stocks, sauces, breads and desserts.
Homemade Soups Cup 5. / Bowl 7.
Sonoran tortilla soup with chicken rajas, Cotija queso, avocado salsa & tortilla frizzles
Dutch-oven braised pea & wild boar ham hock soup, Mexican oregano, corn croutons, crispy collard greens
Appetizer Salads 8.
- Heirloom tomato, breakfast radish, arugula, burrata cheese, wildflower honey vinaigrette & spiced pumpkin seeds
- Potato plank & watercress, fresh peas, sunchoke, pickled chipollini onions, roasted garlic-mustard aioli, crispy potatoes
- Turquoise salad: Arizona field greens, artichokes, grilled asparagus, green goddess dressing, local pinion nuts, avocado, crispy spinach tortilla, roasted peppers
- Pickled beet log cabin salad, Napa cabbage, baby gem lettuce, green apple slaw, golden raisins, curried pistachio vinaigrette & fresh dilled goat cheese
- Crunchy Club: Romaine & Napa cabbage, bacon, avocado, tomato, cucumber, deviled egg, creamy bleu cheese-ranch dressing
- Caesars garden: Romaine, grilled olive croutons, Spanish manchego cheese, Queen Creek olives, pepperoncini, oven dried & marinated tomatoes, preserved lemon and garlic vinaigrette
- Mason jar layered with warm canella braised duck, Bourbon braised peaches, smoky blue cheese and local pecan crostini 11.5
- Red chili elk balls: Ground elk, pork, crushed corn tortillas, braised in red chili cream, Cotija queso 10. 3 per order (additional 3. each)
- Hummus: Concoct your own. 10.5
Base of appaloosa beans, garlic, lemon, olive oil & tahini, served with mesquite wood-grilled pita
- Blend your sides:
- - Tomatillo, green chili marmalade
- Pickled Spanish onions, wild oregano & epazote
- Fire roasted chilies, might be hot, might not
- Crispy chicos & toasted pinion nuts
- Lump crab & corn cakes: Soda cracker crusted, orange-coriander aioli, bread & butter pickles 12.5
- Braised pork belly and frijole flauta spears, asadero cheese and cactus nopales fondue 10.5
- Crackling cornmeal calamari, tossed with candied chilies and smoked chili aioli 9.5
- Smoked ancho & roasted corn salsa, tomatillo lime salsa, green chili mashed guacamole, corn & flour chips 9.5
- Grilled & chilled shrimp cocktail, Sonoran spiced cocktail sauce & grilled lemon 12.
- Six shooter of fresh shucked Blue Point oysters, cilantro lime mignonette, fresh horseradish & Arizona citrus 14